4.26.2007

New York.

I only been there twice.

The first, when I was like nine. Family trip with my cousins. Stayed in a hotel nearby the Empire State Building, kinda shady. A homelessman sold us all umbrellas for a dollar out of a trashbag when it rained one morning. This may be one of the primary roots of my empathy and respect for the homelessmen. But I don't want to get into that right now.

There's this one picture of me, nine years old, standing on top one of the World Trade Center towers. My mom thinks it's real deep and special now.

I visited it or passed through it again not too many years after, but it was only very briefly and I only kind of remember it.

Whenever I think of New York, all I can really remember is it being kind of like Super-Boston.
It was also very dirty.

No comments: